Working Together for Healthier Minds
Mental Health Association in
Educational Advocacy Program is helping parents learn how to navigate through Special Education and the Individual Educational Plans, IEP, in order to get the best education for their child.
• Support at Individual Educational Plans, IEP; Evaluation Reports, ER; and Inter-agency Service Treatment Plan, ISTP, meetings
• Information on the special education laws
• Help with behavioral intervention ideas
• Preparation and Support at Mediation and Due Process Hearings
• Can be liaison between the school district and the family
• Seneca Valley
• South Butler
• Karns City
• Slippery Rock
• U-4 Pre-School Classes
The education Advocacy Program has resource materials for parents on many of the learning and emotional disorders. Parents can call and request information and it will be mailed to them.
Please contact Lonnie DePolo, Educational Advocate, at 724-287-1965.
Resources are available on the following diagnosis':
• Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)
• Attention Deficiet and Hyper-activit Disorder (ADHD)
• Attention Deficiet Disorder (ADD)
• Conduct Disorder
• Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
• Behavioral Interventions
The educational Advocacy Program has books that children and adults can read in reference to some of the above disorders.
Please feel free to contact the Educational Advocacy Program for any educational issues or guidance that might be needed.
140 North Elm Street
Butler, PA 16001
Local Phone Numbers:
(724) 287 - 1965
(724) 431 - 2207
(724) 287 - 3380
(1 888) 329 - 0468
(724) 287 - 7090
24 Hour Crisis Hot-line:
Suicide Prevention Hot-line: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)